NV Fouta Workshop: a Nubian Vault project for public markets in Senegal
For three days at the end of October, the NV Fouta teams and their technical partners met various actors from the local construction sector at the Maison des Yvelines in Ourossogui, during a planning workshop for the construction of the Hôtel de Département (Town Hall) of Matam.
The aim of this first workshop was to accompany and advise these actors in the preparation of a Call for Tender document, as this was the first NV project to involve the procedures for publicly funded works in Senegal.
During this workshop organised by the NV Fouta project team, the technical director of the NGO Le Partenariat Bachir Niang, and the architect Mathieu Hardy, several essential points were covered:
- the presentation of the NV technical concept;
- the presentation of the elements required for a comprehensive NV technical dossier (plans, CCTP, DQE);
- discussions around the options for various "market scenarios", adapted to the specific NV features (forward agreement contracts, a consortium of firms, a conventional construction firm incorporating NV masons, separation of the project into different lots etc.);
- the development of various scenarios should the project go ahead;
- the presentation the possible market approval procedures in the event of an NV construction.
The next steps will be the issue of a Call for Tender document, then the attribution of the market, with a view to starting construction in early 2018.