Get involved as an operational partner!
The Nubian Vault technique is disseminated by operational partners who adopt AVN’s deployment strategy and duplicate it in their own action zones.
- Read here for information on the strategy, methodology and partner roles in the dissemination of the Nubian Vault concept in the Sahel
These partners benefit from AVN’s technical and methodological support, coordinated through a Sahelian Network of Nubian Vault Developers.
This operational partner can be:
- A farmers’ organization, a basic community organization, an association of artisans, or a professional federation interested in deploying the Nubian Vault in its action zones
- A regional or national civil society organization, or a national NGO
- An international NGO, having enough resources to ensure the development of one or more Implementation Territories
To ensure the duplication of Implementation Units in their action zones, the partners have to :
- Mobilize in favor of adapted housing in the Sahel and the evolution of the construction sector
- Adopt AVN’s method for the deployment of the NV technique
- Be strongly rooted locally, facilitating the relationships with others actors in their territories
- Be able to raise the necessary funding to develop Implementation Units
- Contribute to the monitoring and evaluation organized by AVN and shared through the Sahelian Network of Nubian Vault Developers
Animation of the Sahelian Network of Nubian Vault Developers
In recent years, AVN has evolved its intervention strategy by transferring to third partners its methodology for promoting Nubian Vault construction.
AVN can also provide support functions: training of masons, technical support, quality control, monitoring and evaluation, etc.
The Sahelian Network of Nubian Vault Developers promotes skills transfer, exchanges of good practice and the optimization of deployment methods. This network is a lever for promoting an adapted housing culture in the Sahel. In other words, it is an instrument of technical progress for the community of Nubian Vault Developers, and undertakes advocacy to accelerate the deployment of this solution.
AVN manages this Sahelian Network of Nubian Vault Developers. It involves transferring skills to the partners and facilitating exchanges between the network’s members, giving substance to the collective they constitute and valuing the benefits to be gained from working together.
Current Operational Partners
Partners in Burkina Faso
Awareness raising, promotion of the NV housing loan, construction of agricultural and community buildings, vocational training for local young people
2 - Tinyenga Niyemba Burkina Association / Via Nebba (TNB) - NGO
On-site project operator working to rehouse disaster-stricken populations in Nebba (2012–2016), monitoring of NV mason training and construction of community buildings
3 - Morija - NGO
On-site operator for the expansion project of the Medical-Surgical Centre of Kaya, monitoring of NV mason training
4 - National Federation of NAAM Groups (FNGN) - Umbrella organization of farmers’ groups
Development of the AVN programme and of the NV market
Partners in Mali
Awareness raising, construction of agricultural and community buildings, monitoring of NV mason training in Niéna commune
2 - Farmer’s Union of the Tominian Circle (UACT) - Farmers’ group
Awareness raising about NVs in the cercle of Tominian
3 - GERES - NGO
On-site operator for the Electrified Activity Areas projects in Konséguéla and Koury
Parners in Senegal
Development of AVN’s programme and of the NV market in the regions of St. Louis and Matam, institutional kickstarting of the NV market, technical operator for the rehousing programme in southern Mauritania and co-operator for the Fouta NV project
2 - Malem Auder - NGO
Awareness raising in rural areas, support for community building projects in the Kaffrine region, monitoring of NV mason training
3 - Enda Pronat - NGO
Research and action on constructing agricultural buildings in the Niayes zone, monitoring of mason training
Partners in Ghana
Awareness raising in rural zones, construction of community buildings, monitoring of NV mason training in the Bolgatanga region
2 - Peal Deng - NGO
Awareness raising in rural zones, construction of community buildings in the Bolgatanga region
3 - Widows & Orphans Movement - NGO
Awareness raising in rural zones in Bolgatanga area