Benin: Feedback workshop on the project co-financed by the EU
At the beginning of June, the stakeholders of the project "A bioclimatic construction sector for youth employment in Benin ’’ gathered in Cotonou on the occasion of the restitution workshop, with the aim of presenting the results obtained as well as the perspectives of the project.
Started in December 2019 and ending this summer, co-financed by the European Union, the project has notably contributed to strengthen the economic integration of young people in 8 districts of Atacora and Donga during the off-season period.
The results are conclusive:
– 326 young people were trained, on construction sites and in academies,
– 82 young people were supported in entrepreneurship and self-employment
– 144,000 people were made aware of the NV concept
– 170 projects were carried out through financial incentives for eco-construction
– 8 operator partners were involved in the smooth running of the project
– more than 100 stakeholders were sensitized
- Download project report (french)
Even if there is still a long way to go to register widely and sustainably the NV eco-construction sector in Benin, the prospects for development are encouraging, with in particular the implementation of the SERI (AFD financing) and ACACIAS (FFEM/PNUD financing) projects planned for the next few years.
Other articles previously published on the project:
– Benin: the second prize-giving event for the most beautiful NV
– AVN/AVIGREF-P:a strong partnership for adapted habitat in Benin
– EU Project in Benin: results and perspectives from the first year
– A bioclimatic construction sector for the youth of northern Benin